Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!

I had a pretty good day. For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about all the women out there who want so badly to have a baby and can't. I kept thinking of how unfair this day must seem to them. I remember Mother's Day 2006, standing in church and feeling so alone. It was only about a month after I lost the baby and it was one of the tougher days. I also thought about those who have lost their mom and how hard that must be. My heart goes out to them.

I will definitely not be winning the Mother of the Year award in 2009 (no, seriously, my mom actually did win that award one year - we got to ride in the limo w/ her!) You see, I did not take a single picture of me and Avery on Mother's Day. What is wrong with me??? I think maybe I was thinking about the burger that Ruby Tuesday never brought to me. That's right, on the one day of the year we get 'recognized' they completely forgot my meal! Oh well, life goes on! Anyway, I got something much better than a cheeseburger - I got my first Mother's Day card...made by Avery! I was stunned. Mrs. Tina said that she actually did scribble some on this...I was so proud! (Hello People! That is one of her developmental goals right now!!! hehehe...) I know it is something I will cherish always. It always seems so silly for people to cherish crinkled paper with scribbles all over it. But once it becomes your own lil princess making those scribbles, it makes complete sense!

Those look like the scribbles of a child prodigy to me!
Look at that little hand!
And now for my Mother's Day gift...we are taking a much needed weekend getaway! It has been a while since we've gone anywhere (just the 2 of us) and I can't wait! I know I will miss Avery like crazy but it will be good for all of us. Nonna and poppa are coming and I know Avery will have a great time with them!


2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

oooh! How fun! Where are you going? Our tenth anniversary is this Friday and we had dreams of a BIG trip but the church renovation put that on hold. So, we are just doing one night away. :-( But, I will cherish any time I get with my hubby these days!

M J said...

Awww, how sweet! And what a wonderful present! :)