Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Speaking of our little miracle...she got to try her very first table food. She got a few tiny bites of turkey, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and even some dressing! She LOVED it of course, but I think she was on a sugar high! She was up the entire night. Thank God my mom was here to babysit on Friday (Charlie and I had to work) and she was a huge help - gotta love a good nonna!
"What am I eating and why have I ever eaten anything else? THIS IS DELICIOUS!"
Another Thanksgiving Family Pic...
The Golden Band from Tigerland!
Maybe this is why Charlie is such a huge LSU fan...
Mike the Tiger!
We snuck into the old Alex Box Stadium since it's the last we'll see of it...
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Other Avery Updates:
- Avery loves bathtime. It is her very favorite time of the day. She lays back in the water and coos and loves to scratch her belly the whole time.
- Avery is sitting a little bit more but the major development this week is that she is very close to crawling. She gets on all her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. She is already crawling backwards and can move both knees forward. As soon as she figures out how to put her hands in front of her, she'll be crawling like a champ! Time for babyproofing...Anyone have any tips?
- Avery can pivot completely around with no problem at this point.
- Avery definitely said 'mama' today with meaning (as Denise would say) which simply means that she really wanted me and knew who I was when she said it. She had PT today at 10 and then Denise at 2:30 so my poor baby girl was worn out. At one point while Denise was working with her, she stuck out her bottom lip, frowned, looked up at me and said "Ma-ma!" Of course, she was immediately saved by mama!
- She can also say 'ga-ga' 'da-da' 'ba-ba' and something that sounds really close to 'ba-by'. She is quite the talker....can't imagine where she got that from?
- She is a demanding little princess lately. I'm sure teething is the culprit, but as soon as we lay her down she screams like we pinched her! This makes for a worn out ma-ma and da-da. Especially when he gets one shift by himself and I get the afternoon shift by myself. But I am not complaining, life is WONDERFUL. I cannot imagine being more blessed.
- I would like to point out that the very worst thing about being a parent is clipping fingernails. And its something that you can't even pay a professional to do. I mean, basically you could pay a nanny to keep the child all day, a doctor to keep the child fairly healthy, a physical therapist to keep her developmentally on track (the list could go on and on) but you cannot pay anyone to clip her fingernails. The pediatrician's office refuses. Heck, even the $10,000 a day NICU wouldn't do it. So - I'm thinking of opening my own business - Mommy & Me Spa - particularly for manicures and pedicures for mom and baby. Oh yes, and baby massages too (which is also one of Avery's favorite things!) The only problem is, there is NO way I'm attempting to clip someone child's fingernails. Hmmm???
- Last but NOT least - and yes this is the most random post of the year - I have met a wonderful mom/business woman, who designs the CUTEST birthday party invitations (among other events, I'm sure) She only sells through Ebay but email her - email@example.com -and let her know what you're looking for and she'll be more than happy to help. She was just GREAT. I would highly recommend her. Of course, if you'd rather have picture invites then Jami is the place to go!
Sorry no pictures tonight, it is 10 minutes past my bedtime. Yes, I am old. Yes, I am okay with that fact. :o) Good night everyone!
Monday, November 17, 2008
So here goes with Not Me Monday...try to come up with some of your own this week...its a lot of fun once you get started!1. Today, during Avery's neurologist follow-up, I did not scribble on the sign in sheet "Waiting in the hall" b/c there was another child in the waiting room.
2. I did not pace the hall with a grouchy baby trying to shush her for what seemed like an hour until I convinced myself that because I wasn't in the waiting room, I'd been skipped. I most certainly did not go back into the waiting room only to hear that same child let out a loud, nasty, RSV-filled cough. Of course, I would never bolt out of the room like there was a fire, completely forgetting the diaper bag. I did not hide in the hallway and peek around the corner to see when the lil' cougher was called back. Am I turning into a completely germaphobic, paranoid preemie mom - NO NOT ME!
3. I did not just roll my eyes while listening to a well intended older relative tell me for the hundreth time that "Avery will do everything when she's ready...so there is no need to push her" (push her = allowing the therapist to work with Avery once a week, or going to any doctors appt for that matter).
4. I did not spend at least an hour and post a question on three different websites trying to figure out how to make it clear on Avery's bday invites that if you're not healthy you're uninvited! By the way, the winner is the creator of the invites - who is so great I will be blogging about later and here it is "To keep our little princess well, Healthy guests are royally swell!" How cute is that?
5. I did not, once again, put off Christmas shopping even though nonna and poppa were at my house and very willing to babysit. I would never procrastinate!
6. I did not actually believe that I was going to purchase a brand new $300 Britax Car Seat for a grand total of $46 through Target's website last night. I was not fooled, along with thousands of other angry moms, with are 'Order Confirmation' emails in hand. We did not flood the Target call center with complaints. I did not get rude with the customer service rep who couldn't have cared less and I am certainly not still waiting on her supervisor to call me 'within the hour' - 3 hours later. Do I love a good deal and hate missing out on one? Nah, not me!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
The Highchair Decor:
Avery's Princess outfit (unless I find another, cuter or warmer one!)
Sitting like a BIG GIRL!
She loves her nonna!
Friday, November 14, 2008
So I just typed this blog. Sort of a gripey blog, right? I was in a bit of a gripey (sp?) mood. Why, I thought, are we at Dr. Khanfar's office every other weekend? We are not bringing her to daycare, we take every precaution, why isn't she just healthy??? And then I went through my list of blogs and came to Bring the Rain, which by the way, even if you are not a blog stalker, you should read. You will be inspired. You will laugh and you will cry. Anyway, halfway through this post I was crying, just weeping. And I realized how blessed I am. I realized an ear infection is not a major life event. Avery is a miracle. Her fragile life could've been so easily taken from us. So many little things could've gone differently and she would've been gone. I can't imagine the grief.
It also made me think about our loss in 2006. That empty feeling that came over me when I found out his little heart wasn't beating. How much emptier it felt after the surgery when he was just gone. Thank you Jesus that you can fill that void. Thank you for your many blessings. Forgive me for where I look at the small picture, instead of the big one. Thank you for your tremendous protection over my family. Praise you, Jesus...
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Right after the shots...
I love this one, you can really tell how happy she is to be playing with 'da-da'