Saturday, May 2, 2009

March for Babies 2009


Today was the March for Babies. I was so excited to be able to turn in $1,799 that I raised. Thanks to everyone for your unbelievable support. And special thanks to my mom, who did a 'jean day' at her high school to raise $543! Although the economy is worse than ever this year, we raised more than ever at Chase - $20,399.25 (up $7,000 from last year)!!!

The walk was this morning and we had a lot of fun. I think I got more (much-needed) exercise than I have in quite a while - the walk was 4 miles. But we walked through a beautiful neighborhood in the Garden District and the weather couldn't have been more perfect! Nonna came down to spend the day and take all of the pictures you will see below. It's so moving to think that the money donated to March of Dimes could actually fund research that will end up saving babies lives! We had a great time and the newspaper lady even got a few shots of Avery and asked us some questions about her. Of course, if she made the news I'll post the link tomorrow. Again, thanks to those who donated and if you didn't get a chance, feel free to click here and give!

Enjoy the tons of pics :) 
THANKS, NONNA!

"Class of '08 NICU Graduate"
What a beautiful little miracle!
Even da-da came to walk!
We had a great time with our little princess!


A few of the preemies at The March (Avery on the right)
These were 2 preemies...their mom was the chair of The March this year. The little boy on the right is 5 years old. The shorts he is wearing are the same size as Avery's (12 mos). He has a form of dwarfism, and has just been diagnosed. March of Dimes is currently funding research to find out how this particular dwarfism is caused and prevent it...this story really touched me (and mom, of course!) because he was 2 lbs, 5 oz at birth - 3 oz heavier than Avery. I heard so many preemie stories while fundraising and was continually reminded how blessed we have been. Please pray for this little boy.
"What's the hold up people? LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!"
(This is exactly how her mommy looks while sitting in traffic...I HATE sitting in traffic!)

"Okay...this is what I'm talking about, now I'm seeing some progress!"
Cheerleaders leading the march...me in the pink on the far right...
The newspaper lady snapped a shot of Avery and Nonna and then asked us about her.
Avery was such a wonderful little princess...and enjoyed every moment... I remember thinking during RSV season, "This child is high maintenance" but the truth is she is just a doll (if I do say so myself). She is really laid back and a joy to take anywhere. She did not whine one bit (which is more than I can say for her mommy at about Mile 3!) We even went to eat at McAllisters after - she had been up since 5:30 with no nap and she was so much fun. She walked around and introduced herself to everyone!
As you can see, Avery enjoyed the view!

Our 'team' shirt: Faith, Love, Hope - Miracles Can Happen
Oh how we've watched the miracles over the last 15 months!
Nonna taking a break from the camera, Avery enjoying  some juice...
"Weeeeee........................Swinging is fun!"
"Are you telling me I just rode for 4 miles and all I get is a sticker that says, 'I did it!'?"
I was seriously proud of my sticker...lol...Avery (on the other hand) didn't look too impressed!

11 comments:

Cristi said...

Good post! It made me laugh a lot. Oh Fantastic pictures by the way. :)

Kasey Campbell said...

i loved this post! pics were great..she is just getting more and more adorable! her hair is growing out too!

Calley said...

How great! and Avery looks adorable- as usual!

M J said...

How fun! I love the pic of Avery unimpressed with her sticker! Too funny!

DC said...

Love all the pics! Wish we could have been there to support you all.

Mallory said...

avery's expression in that last pic is hilarious!

Mallory said...

You've been tagged! So here is what you do. Make 3 lists of 8. First list 8 things you look forward to. Then list 8 things you did yesterday Then list 8 Programs you watch on TV. Then go tag 8 people to do the same.

Stormie's Mommy said...

You've been tagged! So here is what you do. Make 3 lists of 8. First list 8 things you look forward to. Then list 8 things you did yesterday Then list 8 Programs you watch on TV. Then go tag 8 people to do the same.

Jami Ainsworth said...

Your tagged again. I couldn't believe mom didn't tag you...so I thought...yay! maybe I will be able to come up my eight...but it seems I am not doing so well at tagging people first! Love the images, you mom is doing a great job!

labride said...

Having talked to you about selling issues was a huge part in not buying in Monroe. I just want to leave when I want to an owning my get in the way of that. plus we found a 3 bedroom 2 bath house on Duval St. that has a fenced in yard for the puppies, its 650, so cheaper than some, and a little older, but hey it will work. Have a great Mother's Day!

labride said...

I just saw your other comment. Yeah we got the license in LA we are just gonna sign it at the rehearsal dinner the night before so its legal haha. You have to get yours legalized? What is the story behind that?