Ok, I'm back...so, in no particular order, here are the things that've happened...
- AVERY STARTED WALKING!!! Thankfully, my mom posted this exciting update, weeks ago when it happened on March 15th. Of course, I was thrilled. Her adjusted age was right at 12 mos. Although, if you count the fact that she measured 27 weeks at birth, this would have put her right at 11 mos! She started just taking a few steps, but now she is ALL over the place and I've taken a few videos too. She can walk all the way across the living room -what a big girl!
- Because she started walking and she is starting daycare, I cancelled all of her therapy. She is still a little bit behind in her speech - she babbles a lot of gaga, yaya, baba, and so on but so far only actually says "Mama" and "Bye-bye" I feel like as soon as she gets into a social setting with other kids her age she will surely start saying other words.
- We went on our first outing in quite a while - a trip to Outback to celebrate the special day that Avery came home from the hospital - March 18th. It started out well but by the end she was definitely ready to come home!
- The next weekend we went to Baton Rouge to buy our Mac - which we are very pleased with. She stayed with nonna and poppa and had a great time. See pics here.
- Charlie accepted the supervisor position at Chase which means no more working all weekend long, he will be working for a much better, more stable company, we will work in the same building, and did I mention more money? This also means that Avery will start daycare. I wanted to get her in a social setting sometime after April 1st. His new job starts on April 6th - how perfect? Although change always worries me, I really feel like it is clearly the right choice. In fact, on the day Charlie got a call that he would get an interview for the job, the daycare called to tell me there was a spot for Avery. A week before I had called to ask if I was still on the waiting list (from Dec 2007 when I had no idea daycare wouldn't be an option for a while) and they couldn't find my name. They added me to the list and said I was number 21 and it would be September at the earliest before they had a spot. I have no idea how I ended up with a spot in one of the best daycares in our area at the perfect time - Well, actually I do have an idea ;) Thanks, God! Also, I started adding the cost of daycare into our budget and came up with an annual amount - the next day Charlie got the offer. He will be making enough to cover the daycare! Also, he will go into work at 11 and I'll be off at 3:30 so Avery will only be there for 5 hrs/day. So it is clear to me that this is the right move for our family.
- In not so fun news, late Monday night Avery was burning up with fever - 103.8 to be exact. It really worried me and I didn't know whether or not to go to the ER. I gave her Motrin and an hour later it was down to 101.2 so I decided just to go see Dr. K the next morning. He said he would've guessed she had the flu but the flu test came out negative, and you guessed it: RSV ROUND 3. Know whats ironic? The EOB from the insurance company came this week for the Synagis she got last month. For one months does (2 shots) it was $7,043.16. WOW! She has had shots Nov-March and STILL had RSV 3 times - and remember we were also on RSV LOCKDOWN. My insurance is probably considering dropping us now! (umm...can they do that?)
- As of today, Avery and Charlie are equally miserable. In Charlie's words, "I believe we suffer from the same affliction" (He is so silly!) And the latest sickly news from our household is that I woke up with a sore throat. Needless to say it's been a long weekend. Please keep Avery in yours prayers (and us too if you have the time!)
Now for the fun stuff - Pictures!
Little Mrs. Into Everything
She never cared for the crystal on the bottom shelf, but anything on the top shelf is now game!
Her first 'big girl' nightgown....so adorable!
Happy Late St. Patrick's Day!
Her favorite new snack...Cheetos Puffs!