Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas with the Welch's


We are blessed to spend Christmas morning in our happy place...Vidalia. This has become the tradition and may change one day but for now we load up 2 vehicles full of Christmas Bliss and head south! Santa brought Avery a bike this year and although it was no Easy Bake Oven, I think she likes it. Charlie and I woke up at 3:30am to Avery asking (out of a dead sleep), "Mama...On Christmas morning do we get to open ALL of the presents!?!" On Christmas Eve she got to open a few from Gigi & Paps, Mark, Josh and Paige and Papaw and Lynn, so I think she finally realized she was about to get to open ALL of the presents. I told her she would and to go back to sleep because it was still the middle of the night. I tossed and turned but a few minutes later I gave up on sleep. Charlie and I sat in the living room watching Christmas movies until 5:30, when everyone finally started waking up. Needless to say, we needed a nap later that day! It was a fantastic Christmas. So blessed to have so much great family to spend it with!




Twas the night before Christmas...


She loves her Tinkerbell, Grandma!


Bike lessons on the cold, rainy carport...




Can you tell she was feeling sassy in her new boots from Nonna & Poppa?


Snack time, courtesy of the Easy Bake Oven expert...




A few of my favorite things...



No comments: