Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Birthday sweet Avery Grace...

Today you are 5. How is that possible? Just a few weeks ago, we sat at Cock of the Walk on July 11, 2007 to break the news to Nonna & Poppa. I was so nervous. You were my last chance at a baby of my own and I knew a lot was on the line. I held my breathe during those sonograms. I sat so still wanting to feel you kick hard. I remember the day daddy picked out your name and I knew it was perfect. I was doing blood work at the doctor's office and daddy didn't even know you were a girl, although I said all along I knew you were! I remember searching for the perfect nursery theme, the perfect baby book, the perfect bedding. It was just a few days ago that we sat at the sonogram waiting to see whether you looked like me or daddy when everything changed so quickly. I can't handle this, I said over and over. What I meant was I couldn't lose you. You were already so much a part of us. Our little family needed you to be a family. By the grace of God, you held on. You pushed through. Just a few nights ago, you came home. We all just looked at you and held you. I was overwhelmed with the blessing God had given us. Just a few minutes ago, I was in the kitchen feeding you your first mushy peas and then rocking you to sleep. You are our whole world, sweet Avery Grace. You always will be. We love you more than you can ever imagine. You were the gift from heaven that made us a family.

























Happy birthday sweet girl. To many more...

1 comment:

Penny said...

Happy birthday, Avery! Beautiful post Casey! You'll still feel the same way when she's eighteen leaving for college, or in her twenties walking down the aisle, and when she's rocking her own babies. Time goes by so quickly! Just ask your mom. :). Happy anniversary of parenthood to you and Charlie. Y'all are doing a great job! :)