Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. Ours was very busy and very merry : )

As always, Avery got wayyy too much but she loves it all! Gigi bought her a lego/art table. She loves playing w/ the Legos and coloring on it too. Its a 2-in-1 table so it converts to a flat surface. We have used it a lot already!


I have never been a fan of putting the presents out without wrapping them, but I think Avery may do better with that. She still wasn't really into opening the gifts this year, but liked to play with them. I think next year I will wrap a few things, but leave the others out for her to play with.


Of course, she loves moving things from here to there...a toddler's work is never done!

Mommy showing Avery her very first Cabbage Patch Kids Doll!
Relaxin on the beanbag, after the chaos was over!

Nonna and Poppa surprised us all w/ Avery's big gift - a Barbie Beetle! She is just getting the hang of pushing the pedal but LOVES getting in and out of it. I'm sure this will provide entertainment for years to come!

All dressed up and heading to another Christmas w/ more family!

Her loot! Minus the castle slide (pics to come!), lego table and Barbie car! I have NO idea what else she 'needs' - her birthday is less than a month away! She was too interested in the Zhu Zhu Pet to look at the camera. She lovvvves that lil hamster! Barney, on the other hand, has met his arch enemy!

Boy, did I regret buying the dollar store version of a toddler kitchen! When I opened the box and found 154 pieces of plastic that needed to be cut out (YES!) and screwed together I almost took it back. But somewhere inside me another ounce of Christmas spirit came out and 2 days later...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. And I will never, ever buy a cheap version of a big toy again...promise!



It was all worth it to watch her cook with daddy though!


I was also surprised with a Nikon Coolpix (again - THANKS Nonna and Poppa!) and lots of other wonderful things. Charlie had a great Christmas as well. Of course, where would we all be without the first Christmas gift that God gave us all - His Son! I think in years to come we may start the 3 gift rule with Avery on Christmas. I never want all the gifts to overshadow the real reason we celebrate the greatest holiday ever.

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas at your house! It's so much fun when there are little ones around. My niece brought her two little ones to my parents' house. One of them is just a baby, but the other one is two years old. He had a blast! lol

I'm glad you got your gifts! Hope you enjoy them. :-)

The Four Week Vegan said...

Wow, she scored this year :) It is so easy and fun to buy things for the littles. My teens only wanted cash - boo hoo. I got them some gifts too though :) Merry Christmas!

Mallory said...

wow...i am loving her little car!!! the first grandchild always gets spoiled =)

DC said...

I LOVE THAT CAR! Let me know how much she plays with it!