Saturday, October 8, 2011

Houston Aquarium

In August, we took a weekend trip to Houston. Charlie wanted to see the Texans and Astros play ball. It was a family affair - Uncle Mark, Uncle Josh and Uncle Mic decided to join us. The Saints were playing the Texans in a preseason football game and they thought that sounded like fun. I wasn't very thrilled at the thought of spending a few days in this fabulous city only at sporting events! But when I found out we could meet my cousin, Stephanie (Mic Mic's daughter) and her little boy, Grayson, I was more than thrilled. We haven't had a chance to get together since my wedding and had never got to meet each other's children. On Saturday, we meet them at the Houston Galleria and went to the Rainforest Cafe. We thought the kids would LOVE it...we were wrong. At the site of that creepy tree talking Avery ran screaming! We finally convinced her the tree wasn't real and she agreed to come in and eat. The galleria was beautiful and Avery got to see ice skaters, although we didn't try it. After a quick face painting and balloon animal, it was off to the hotel. The football game was that night. I had done some googling before we went to Houston and found out about the downtown aquarium. Since we were staying in downtown Houston, while the boys left for the game, Avery and I went on an adventure of our own. We had the best time. I am so glad I decided to venture out (in a cab, mind you!) and explore. Lots of firsts for her here: first aquarium, first time to see a shark, first ferris wheel ride! We had a wonderful time. Just as we were leaving the aquarium, a horse and carriage was waiting outside. We took a stroll through downtown Houston and it was just amazing. The buildings were some of the tallest I've ever seen. I love mother-daughter time with my sweet Avery Grace!

Entrance of the aquarium...

Sharks!
Cheesecake at the aquarium...
First Ferris Wheel ride. I spent so much time making sure Avery really wanted to ride, that after we were on the ferris wheel I remembered that I didn't want to ride! I was glad I did though. It was so much fun and I was more nervous than brave lil Avery!

Our view at dinner :)
Taking pictures during the carriage ride...
Taking a train ride through a shark tank!

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Looks fun. Love the post! And love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to the Oceanarium, maybe one of these days i'll go, great post! :)

Tiago Couto

www.midnightconceiver.com

Penny said...

Now you have to post pictures of the cousins together! :)