Saturday, October 15, 2011

These are the best days of our life

This simple snapshot at Chick Fil A (Avery's favorite fast food place) just blew my mind. She's so big, no part of a baby anymore! I tell Charlie all the time, "These are the best days of our life" and I truly mean that. These days of make believe and finger paintings. Of messes and uh-ohs. These days of Itsy-bitsy-spider-singing, dancing like no one is watching. These ABC-learning, pledge of allegiance reciting, 1-3-2-1 counting, hide and seek playing days are numbered. These days of morning snuggles and "Mommy, I LOVE YOU". These days of customized picture painting ("Mommy, you like pink or red. Whatcha like? You want a happy face or a sea lion. Whatcha want?"). These days are numbered. These days of hiding from monsters under the covers and playing restaurant and school teacher won't last forever. These Santa Clause believing, Chuck E Cheese loving, Max-and-Ruby watching days will be gone before we know it. One day, "Mommy come play in my castle with me!" will change to "Shut my door, mom!" The sidewalk chalk drawing, Little Red Riding Hood reading days...

These are the best days of our life. There will be more fun times, happy times, sad times, amazing times but we will never get these days back.  There is something so incredibly amazing about this little 3 year old girl of mine, something I can't even describe. But I know that whatever it is, daily I find myself whispering, "These are the best days of my life." I guess I'm just not sure how it could get any better! Oh, how I love her...

3 comments:

Penny said...

So sweet!!! I guess having grands when Shelbi was only nine kept me from missing those days as much. Trust me~ there are many good days to come. AND you get to do this all over again with Avery's babies. :)

Beth E. said...

You are so right! Don't blink...she'll be grown before you know it. My boys grew up wayyy too fast for me. :-)

Hugs...
P.S. She is such a doll. LOVE her hair!

Cristi said...

So this is like the fourth time today my eyes have filled with tears. Good grief.
Great Post!
Love yall.