Friday, May 9, 2008

Sleep isn't all it's cracked up to be!

I just woke up from a full 8+ hours of sleep! (No, she did not sleep through the night!) Charlie bribed me. LOL. He wanted a new iPhone, which I was NOT thrilled about because he JUST got the new BlackBerry he BEGGED for, and so after a few hours of convincing and bribery, I gave in! I thought 2 nights of sleep (that was our deal) would be worth it. It was nice, and this is going to sound so corny, but I really missed her when I woke up this morning. And each time Charlie got up with her I was not really sleeping much anyway. This was the first night since January 21 that I haven't been up at all during the night. (Even while she was in the NICU I had to wake up to pump). And another thing, I feel about the same as I do on any other morning. I don't feel amazingly rested or anything. Before the baby I was a woman who LOVED my sleep. I always thought without 8 hours I would not 'function' during the day. But life changes and you realize things that you thought you couldn't do...you actually can and they aren't so bad after all. No one tell Charlie, but I may not even make him 'work' the 2nd night! hehe.

In other news, I'm still having sitter troubles. Two people that I know and thought would be able to do it, can not. I have one person left in mind who says that she may be able to do it, but she has another job that interferes and has to see if her boss can work around it. I am a VERY planned person and the fact that I go back to work in 2 weeks and have no idea who is going to keep Avery is SCARY for me. I do have a back up plan though - my mamaw said she can come until I find someone, but that is not a long term option. I guess my next option is to put an add in the paper??? Talk about scary! If thats the case I also need to purchase some Nanny Cams. I think I'm about to go on a shopping trip to EBay!

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Hey Casey! Long time lurker here but I have a few thoughts regarding childcare. First, we did the nanny cam with our first sitter and I watched from work. So, I can help you with that. Second, I have a connection in Monroe that I can get in touch with. Send me your email address when you can and we can talk more about it.

Nicki Glenn
theglenns556@yahoo.com