Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
1. I am not writing this at work. Work has not been so slow lately, that I'm actually tired of reading blogs and news. I am not already wishing my boss was back from vacation to keep me busy.
2. I am not doing this on a whim, just because MckMama said that we can win a prize because I can't think of anything to possibly include...so here we go...
3. I am not amazed that Avery is turning into a little smarty pants and now knows where the dirty clothes go vs. where the trash goes vs. where the diapers go vs. where she goes when I tell her we need to change her diaper vs. where she goes when I tell her its bathtime. Wow! Now if she'll just start talking a bit more, I'll be one happy camper!
4. I am not shocked that my husband decided he wants a few weeks off from golf after golfing in extreme temperatures in the middle of the day in the middle of August and coming home with a case of heat exhaustion/dehydration.
5. I did not get super excited about losing 8 lbs my first week of Atkins and super disappointed after losing only 2 lbs my second week. I certainly was not thinking about how disappointed I was when I was coming up on a cute little ice-cream drive through in town. I did not proceed to swing very quickly into the drive thru and take my frustration out on a volcano (chocolate chip cookie pieces in the shape of a volcano covering vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and hot fudge....one word: Y-U-M!). It was not all downhill from there - for the entire week! I am happy to report that after my carb binge I still kept 8 of the 10 lbs off that I'd lost and got 'back on the horse' today. The no carb horse that is. Bleck.
6. Avery did not thoroughly enjoy riding the carousel once again this weekend. Thankfully, her daddy was standing at the railing waving this time, rather than riding the alligator in front of her. She squealed with delight each time we passed him, along with Nonna and Poppa.
7. And last but not least, I did not underestimate Avery this weekend when I left her in her room playing on the floor to go talk to her daddy for a moment. He was showing me something on the computer and after a few minutes, I went to check on her. She was not STANDING on her bed (there is a twin bed in her room) playing with toys on the headboard! I was shocked and amazed and then realized there is a little white shelf at the end of the bed full of stuffed animals. All of the animals were all over the floor and lil' Ms. Climber made her way on TOP of the bed. Rest assure, the shelf has found a new home - the garage!