Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy 'early' Birthday to ME!

Playing with nonna today...

If you look closely you'll see that daddy gave Avery a mohawk...yikes!

We had a great weekend with my parents! (even though the tigers lost miserably...again!) They came up today and we went to Red Lobster..yum yum! Then I got to open presents...yay! I got a new pair of black shoes (which I really needed), some money -YAY, and a beautiful necklace from my mom. I'll take some pics tomorrow. It is a silver necklace with 2 small silver tags and a pearl. One tag has Avery's name, the other has a heart. It is very special to me and something I'll save for Avery to have one day! I LOVE IT! Joshua got me a 2009 LSU calendar and Mark got me a Laptop Lap Pad that I'm using as we speak!
Avery seems to be doing much better today. She didn't cough very much today. She is getting a fever blister though and I have NO idea how to treat it, so I need to call Dr. Khanfar to find out!
In other WONDERFUL news, I spoke to Blue Cross Blue Shield Friday and Avery is APPROVED for Synagis. I felt like I had won the lottery. If she had been denied I would have literally felt like I couldn't afford to keep my child healthy. The Synagis shots she will receive will total over $12,000 from now until April. This should protect her from RSV. This is such a HUGE relief .Watching her sick just breaks my heart. Avery has been through enough in her short life, I really hate it when she has to deal with any unnecessary pain! So thank you Blue Cross and thank you GOD...it was nothing short of a miracle that they approved the shot. Please continue to keep Avery in your prayers as she recovers from RSV.
Also, Avery will start Physical Therapy on Friday for the tightness in her muscles. Hopefully, she will start to sit really soon. Well, I guess thats all for now! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 comment:

Cristi said...

That third picture looks like she is saying - "Nonna, Mama is making me take those terrible breathing treatments!!!!!"