Monday, December 29, 2008

All Wore Out from Christmas Fun...

My sweet little girl has not been herself the last few days. She is coughing a lot, especially in the last 24 hours. She coughs every time she eats or laughs too. She is still smiling (so precious) but didn't want to drink her bottle this morning and was up all night. I finally gave in and put her in my bed to get a few hours of sleep. We are going to Dr. K today at 3 and praying that its not RSV.
This is exactly why we are on 'lockdown'. At Thanksgiving, she got sick but recovered without a doctor visit and now at Christmas we were around more people and she is very sick. Now I'm a little concerned about her birthday...on one hand I feel like some things you just can't miss (I remember me saying 'Christmas was worth the risk' which is easy to say when she's healthy...but when I look at my sick little angel I really wonder if it was worth it?) Please say a prayer that it is no big deal and she will recover quickly and that God will show me how to handle her birthday. I would really like to invite a few more adults, but I just don't know now. It is not worth her getting sick again!
Taking a nap with her Poppa
(Photo credit to Nonna's Nikon!)

4 comments:

NN said...

So precious!

Calley said...

I am so sorry casey. i know that has to be so hard. We will pray that it isn't RSV.

Anonymous said...

you could probably still go ahead with the birthday party, but maybe allow close family only (strictly grandparents, aunts, uncles, and no children) because you only get one first birthday :)

and you could even postpone the date in case she doesn't feel better by then. i will be praying for a fast recovery for avery. hope she feels better soon! =)

Cristi said...

Birthdays for princesses can be whenever, wherever, with whoever and they will still be princesses. So if it is just the princess herself and a few very healthy others- then so be it. She will still have her cake and eat it too! We love you all and hope and pray she is well soon. I am so sorry she got sick.