Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY!

11 months old today...

More excited about those fancy shoes than her birthday!
Another cute outfit...compliments of Bonnie!
WE LOVE YOU BONNIE! :)


I am amazed that Avery is 11 months old today! Maybe it was the fact that for the first 2 months she lived at St .Francis...but I think mainly it's that 'time flies when you're having fun'! And I have had more fun in the last 11 (okay, maybe 9) months than I have ever had in my entire life. I know I've mentioned this before but I am a glass half empty type of person. I always prepare for the worst and worry about everything. So I had told myself before Avery came - "Your life is about to be harder than it's ever been" "Your marriage is about to be put to the test" and all sorts of negative things that you hear about having a baby. Honestly, I have found the opposite to be true! Are some days hard? Yes, as it would be with anything! But the majority of days are filled with laughter and kisses and amazement! And watching Charlie be an amazing dad makes our marriage stronger than ever too! Having a baby is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I am so thankful for every moment with Avery...she is such a blessing! In one short month, she will be a year old. I know sometimes people say they feel kind've sad approaching the one year mark, but I haven't gotten there yet - right now I just feel so incredibly blessed to have her with us. Her little life could have so easily passed away from us in those first few days with a simple explanation - she was born too soon, too small. But a miracle happened and she is 11 months old today! She's getting big too...guess what...

One of my Christmas wishes has already come true...I charted Avery's weight and she....(are you ready for this...as MckMama would say...wait for it...) is almost in the 50th percentile for weight!!! I was stunned. When Avery was born she was in no percentile - not the 0th percentile (is that a word...err, number?) - she was in NO percentile - 2 lbs isn't on the chart. In less than a year she has gone from not on the chart to almost smack dab in the middle! AMEN FOR THAT!
I know what some of you are thinking - "Then why can't she go meet Santa???" Well, she just can't! (Which is what I tell Charlie, who is still not completely on board with our lockdown procedure through April!) Because once a preemie, always a preemie. Sure, over the years we'll go from being super careful to talking about 'our little preemie that grew up to a beautfiul 16 year old' (yikes, I can't fathom it!) but for right now we're still in the super careful stage. We are on RSV lockdown with the exception of Thanksgiving (which btw, made me a freakin nervous wreck) and Christmas (which is worth the risk, because HELLO PEOPLE - IT'S CHRISTMAS). And even when we do 'venture out of the house' it will only be to close family and no sick family. So please do me a favor and say a prayer that our family is well for Christmas. Some people think I am germ crazed psycho, God bless em, but I've decided people can think what they want. Once you have a 2 lb baby - let's talk. (Ok, that was particularly meant for the coworker who so rudely stated that I 'might as well keep Avery in a bubble' - and I doubt she even reads this blog - if she does I guess I'll find out Monday :) )

So, I just wanted to say thanks again, to those who've prayed, thanks to God who does tremendously more than we can ask or think and to Avery for loving her sweet potatoes!

Daddy teaching Avery how to pull up

In her pretty new outfit Bonnie gave her (and mommy's necklace)
I think she really likes her outfit...ALL SMILES!


And now, the reward for the pretty smiles she gave me...
Mommy's cell phone...her FAVORITE toy!

Reading her Snowman book...




She found her favorite page...

Getting a good look at Spike...her favorite snowman!

And a little closer...


"Finally! I got him were I want him and now I'm gonna KISS him!"
Opening daddy's present!Busted! What are you looking at mommy?

5 comments:

labride said...

I don't blame you at all for keeping kido locked up this winter. I rarely heard of RSV and so far I've had three people tell me their baby has RSV and none of them were even premi. I wish I could keep myself locked up cause the germy people have gotten me sick;( Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Cristi said...

Good post! In that second picture she is twisting that tongue to feel those teeth. We do not think you are a germ crazed psycho just a well protecting wonderful mommy! Anyone who thinks differently can go through me, how about that? LOL

Babymakes3forthesullivans! said...

Yeah for Avery! That is AWESOME that she is in the 50th percentile. I love all your new pics of here! She's precious

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh she is TOO cute!!! I found you from MckMama's blog and had to come over since you have a little one named Avery!!! I have an Avery too - but a boy! I do have a daughter as well that is just one week younger than your Avery - her name is Lauren (born Jan 28th)!
Lauren loves my cell phone too!!!!! You have a cutie!!!

Calley said...

She is so darling!! I know it has to be hard to be on lock-down- but I understand...I hope you guys have a very Merry christmas!!