Friday, April 2, 2010

Saturday Morning Muffins

Last Saturday morning we had a big day ahead...a trip to Nonna and Poppa's house, of course! But, there's always time for muffin making with my favorite two year old, right? I decided it would be quicker and safer on the floor than the counter! So the fun began...

...Avery carefully studied each ingredient 
(oh this was pre-bathtime, please excuse the bed-head!)
She even got to pour in the oil (with a little help from mama)
She didn't really understand the whole 'cracking' the egg part. Instead she just threw them in and I would scoop them out and crack them :)

Stirring was her favorite thing to do. Just after I snapped this picture that spoon moved towards her mouth and I let out a "NOOO!!!" All I could think of was raw egg! 
After that little incident, she had to pout, of course. Because she's two me saying "NO!" equals, well, this:
After the momentary meltdown passed, she decided to come back to help. She carefully placed each blueberry in one at a time...
Until I realized that could take 20 minutes and showed her the art of dumping!

More stirring, a few minutes in the oven and voila -
!

 Saturday morning muffins!

5 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Great! Now I want muffins! :-)

DC said...

You are a brave woman! Looks like fun though :)

Cristi said...

Ooooh those look great! She did good! See yall tomorrow!

Beth E. said...

Blueberry muffins are a favorite in our house. Bill and I will each have two, then our boys gobble down the rest! :-)

Have a great Easter!

Stormie's Mommy said...

Love bed head pictures!