Friday, April 30, 2010

Flashback Friday: 2 Years Ago!

Two short years ago, Avery Grace had just come home. Imagine what she will look like 2 years from now? We are going through so many changes lately: thinking about converting to a toddler bed, getting strict with the paci and introducting panties. All of these things are hard for me. A lot of moms get these feelings around birthdays, but I'm so absorbed in the planning and execution of the party that I don't go through this around birthdays. But it is hitting me now, and hitting me hard. My sweet baby Grace, is really not a baby anymore. I'm trying to embrace the changes, look forward to 'big girl' things, but behind all of that is a mama that wants to freeze time. The years don't have enough weeks, and the weeks not enough days (esp Saturdays and Sundays!) and those days surely don't have enough hours. I guess I'm not the first mom to experience this, and I certainly won't be the last. It's time to put my big girl panties and deal w/ her wearing those big girl panties!


5 comments:

DC said...

It's bittersweet :) I'm looking forward to doing it all over again with the next one!

Mallory said...

sooo precious! love that pic =)

Penny said...

They really do get big quickly! I never really believed it when older people would say it to me, but the older I get the more I tell younger moms to enjoy every minute and not take these early years lightly. I think you "got it" earlier than most. =)
I will never forget seeing her tiny self that first night. Never touched anybody that tiny~ at least, not on the outside. ;)

Cristi said...

Funny how life changes.

Shannon said...

So cute! I can't imagine GG in two years! It's so scary how quickly they grow up! We should start a Flashback carnival so others can join in the fun. I love looking through old pics! Happy weekend!