Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

We have had another fabulous Easter weekend in Vidalia! Each one seems like the best ever. We had a big, delicious Easter lunch at mom and dad's house on Saturday and then our 1st Annual Easter Crawfish Boil on Saturday night. Although I'm a Louisiana girl, born and raised, I've never peeled and eaten a crawfish. This weekend I did! It wasn't as gross as I imagined, although I only actually peeled 1 myself. And the corn was fantastic! Even Avery tried a few bites.

We dyed Easter eggs, of course, and played in the yard most of the day. On Easter, we went to church and enjoyed a great service. We had lunch and then enjoyed the view from the Natchez bluff. Avery got to fly her new kite and she loved every minute of that! We headed out to Granny's that afternoon for a big Easter egg hunt with lots of Charlie's family. It was so good to watch the kids play, relax, visit and listen to stories of long ago. I always enjoy time with family!

This evening, we had another delecious meal at mom's (do you see a pattern here?) and we're off to watch Layne and Bram play a t-ball game. I don't remember life ever being better than this, my sweet and hilarious husband, a more wonderful family than I could even dream of, a precious 4 yr old girl and most importantly, A RISEN SAVIOR!

Happy Easter, y'all!
















1 comment:

Penny said...

Girl, you've got to cute back on the Easter baskets!! LOL