Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ms. Busy Bee

Avery has found a new favorite thing to do. She LOVVVVES to unload and load anything. A dishwasher, playpen, bucket, basket, anything at all! She started this habit, I suppose, thanks to me. I am a bit of a clean freak, well a 'straighten freak' I guess you could say. I always like the house freshly 'straightened' and find it hard to really relax if everything is not 'in its place'. After we bought Avery her big, bouncy 'playpen' we quickly discovered she was not that 'into it'. Soon this became the place where all the toys got dumped. Every day I take out some of her toys but every few hours I would throw them back into the playpen. Avery has watched me do it so many times, she thinks she must do it herself now. The problem is, she doesn't understand that this is the place for toys only. So if we're missing a phone, camera, remote, cell phone, calculator, pen, debit card, bill, Gladware container, sippy cup or anything else she can get her hands on - we know where to look! I decided to catch her in action and get some photos since this task occupies so much of her time at our house! Here is what I saw:

Step 1: If someone is trying to get you to smile for pictures, while you are working, frown at them...do NOT let them break your concentration.
Step 2 - Gather remotes, DVDs, Cell Phones, Toys and any other possible item to move them to your ball pit.
Step 3 - Go very quickly, you don't have all day, ya know!
Step 4 - Run if necessary.
Step 5 - There will sometimes be items so large they are hard to get in the playpen. But you must keep trying and eventually you'll figure it out. Never let mommy help you and if she does immediately throw a fit.
Step 6 - After you have found all possible toys, find other things of importance - DVD remotes, cell phones, empty water bottles and fingernail files. Throw them in ONLY when mommy isn't watching!
So...after all steps were completed by Avery, I decided it was very much time to clean it out. The ball pit was almost full at this point! Just look at the mess!
So after organizing for hours, I put only the balls back into the ball pit. I threw away the junk, bagged up the 'baby' toys and separated the rest into baskets, placing them around the house. And what happened next? Avery found the neatly placed baskets throughout the house with different toys and immediately returned them to where they belong!!

12 comments:

Nicki Kennon said...

Too cute!!!!!

Stormie's Mommy said...

That is so cute!

Lana said...

That is too cute and hilarious!!!!

The Four Week Vegan said...

LOL - such a great age and what a great mom to just enjoy her antics. Love the first pic - never let them see you smile :)

Mallory said...

that is hilarious!

Cristi said...

Funny! I bet she was a little overwhelmed when all that stuff was on the floor! SO MUCH FOR A GIRL TO DO!!! Loved #5 :)

DC said...

I love it! Addison is doing this too. I don't mind the help with the laundry though. When I take the clothes out of the washer I place them on the dryer door & she pushes them on in for me! I don't even have to bed over anymore :)

labride said...

Too funny, she looks so serious about putting things where she thinks they should go!

Penny said...

She's a determined little thing, isn't she? You were messing up her ball pit! And after all that work she did "cleaning." Shame on you, Momma. LOL
She reminds me of another little one I used to know. hmmm

Pennington Posts said...

Oh I remember these days all to well. Enjoy....Enjoy...Enjoy...
they are gone way to soon.....
My Avery Grace is starting Kindergarten in 2 1/2 weeks and I don't know what I am going to do with myself.

Calley said...

How funny! I loved the step by step pics! She is so cute!!

LucieP said...

oh girl! She is B-U-S-Y!