- Monday, July 13th - Avery ran fever in the middle of the night, but it was gone in the morning.
- Tuesday, July 14th - Avery went to Christina's house (the babysitter) and did fine until 3:30. She became very lethargic and started running a fever. I get off of work at 3:30, so I rushed to get her and decided it must be some more molars coming through - )last time she had a pretty high fever and even threw up w/ a molar coming through).
- Wednesday, July 15th - Charlie stayed home with her and I had scheduled 1/2 day off. We were supposed to have a little date, but priorities changed when a sick baby was involved. She didn't eat much at all and was fussy throughout the day. The fever continued, even with Tylenol or Motrin every 4 hours.
- Thursday, July 16th - She woke up refusing to eat again and the fever was at an all time high for the week - 102.6. I called the pedi and they insisted I come in and that the fever was much too high for teething. I left work to take her to the pedi. Dr. K is on vacation for 3 weeks, must be nice, so his partner Dr. Y looked at Avery. She looked in her mouth and said "Oh my goodness!" She said their were blisters and her gums were swollen. They did bloodwork to determine it was a virus, not an infection, and she told me to give her 1/2 tsp of Benadryl mixed with 1/2 tsp of Maalox every 5-6 hours. She also told me that the combination of Motrin and Tylenol can cause problems with kidneys, so I should not alternate them (Which is what Dr. K had told me to do once before - sure wish they would get on the same page!) Avery refused to eat anything, was fussy and ran fever all day.
- Friday, July 17th - My lovely parents came to keep Avery so I could go to work. She did a little better, but ate very little.
- Saturday, July 18th - She ate a good breakfast (thanks McDonald's!) but not much more. The fever was off and on, but not constant and she was less fussy.
- Sunday, July 19th - She wouldn't eat all day and FINALLY decided to eat supper - who can resist a slice of Johnny's pizza and a chocolate eclair?
- Monday, July 20th - Charlie said her mouth still looks terrible, he got a good look at the inside today and she has 12 sores on the outside (up 2 from last night). I've also noticed she is pulling on her ear - Dr. Y mentioned it looked a little pink - which can only mean one thing: Another trip to the pedi! Thankfully, Gigi and Paps have come down to be here for the week if needed. Hopefully she will be better tomorrow, but everything I can find online says one to two weeks, so we will see. I am so glad we didn't plan on going to San Antonio with the rest of my family this week! God always plans ahead :)
Please pray for our little angel to feel better. There is nothing worse than a sick baby that you can't help!
In other news, I have no excuse to whine as much as Avery, but thanks to starting Atkins today it may just turn out that Charlie has two whiny babies on his hands! Besides, I think I ate enough this weekend during my eat-all-the-carbs-you-possibly-can binge to last well until I'm down to my goal weight! Hope you have a decent Monday, after all, decent on Monday's is about as good as it gets!