Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
- Monday, July 13th - Avery ran fever in the middle of the night, but it was gone in the morning.
- Tuesday, July 14th - Avery went to Christina's house (the babysitter) and did fine until 3:30. She became very lethargic and started running a fever. I get off of work at 3:30, so I rushed to get her and decided it must be some more molars coming through - )last time she had a pretty high fever and even threw up w/ a molar coming through).
- Wednesday, July 15th - Charlie stayed home with her and I had scheduled 1/2 day off. We were supposed to have a little date, but priorities changed when a sick baby was involved. She didn't eat much at all and was fussy throughout the day. The fever continued, even with Tylenol or Motrin every 4 hours.
- Thursday, July 16th - She woke up refusing to eat again and the fever was at an all time high for the week - 102.6. I called the pedi and they insisted I come in and that the fever was much too high for teething. I left work to take her to the pedi. Dr. K is on vacation for 3 weeks, must be nice, so his partner Dr. Y looked at Avery. She looked in her mouth and said "Oh my goodness!" She said their were blisters and her gums were swollen. They did bloodwork to determine it was a virus, not an infection, and she told me to give her 1/2 tsp of Benadryl mixed with 1/2 tsp of Maalox every 5-6 hours. She also told me that the combination of Motrin and Tylenol can cause problems with kidneys, so I should not alternate them (Which is what Dr. K had told me to do once before - sure wish they would get on the same page!) Avery refused to eat anything, was fussy and ran fever all day.
- Friday, July 17th - My lovely parents came to keep Avery so I could go to work. She did a little better, but ate very little.
- Saturday, July 18th - She ate a good breakfast (thanks McDonald's!) but not much more. The fever was off and on, but not constant and she was less fussy.
- Sunday, July 19th - She wouldn't eat all day and FINALLY decided to eat supper - who can resist a slice of Johnny's pizza and a chocolate eclair?
- Monday, July 20th - Charlie said her mouth still looks terrible, he got a good look at the inside today and she has 12 sores on the outside (up 2 from last night). I've also noticed she is pulling on her ear - Dr. Y mentioned it looked a little pink - which can only mean one thing: Another trip to the pedi! Thankfully, Gigi and Paps have come down to be here for the week if needed. Hopefully she will be better tomorrow, but everything I can find online says one to two weeks, so we will see. I am so glad we didn't plan on going to San Antonio with the rest of my family this week! God always plans ahead :)
Please pray for our little angel to feel better. There is nothing worse than a sick baby that you can't help!
In other news, I have no excuse to whine as much as Avery, but thanks to starting Atkins today it may just turn out that Charlie has two whiny babies on his hands! Besides, I think I ate enough this weekend during my eat-all-the-carbs-you-possibly-can binge to last well until I'm down to my goal weight! Hope you have a decent Monday, after all, decent on Monday's is about as good as it gets!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
4. I also did not quickly rip open a box of Nilla Wafers when Avery started to get a bit antsy in the buggy (for you Northerners, buggy = shopping cart). And I certainly did not sit the box of Nilla Wafers beside her in the buggy and let her go.to.town for the rest of the time in the store. Whatever works...right?
*CPS Disclaimer: Avery had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast before we left, so I counted those cookies as her 'morning snack!'
5. I did not give into the demanding princess when she was having meltdowns waiting in the car after the fireworks. She was not allowed OUT of the car seat for a few minutes while we sat in a parking lot, not moving for what seemed like an hour. She was not a little too tired to behave herself and sit nicely in her car seat.
6. I certainly, after posting a previous post about DEFINITELY NOT wanting another 'one' right now, did not try to convince my husband that we should adopt a little boy that lives in the neighborhood and is not well taken care of. Charlie did not vehemently refuse and insist that instead, I should call CPS so someone will "brush his teeth" and "clean him up". If Charlie had agreed to adopt him, I would never consider walking down to his house and knocking on the door requesting that I take him home. Never, ever, ever. Poor Harvey.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Today Nonna grilled shish-kabobs and we had fresh cream corn and homemade macaroni-n-cheese with cherry cobler and Mamaw's Chocolate Pie. Y-U-M!!! We even did a few sparklers for Avery. We enjoyed our 4th of July and I hope you have as well!
And now for the pictures...courtesy, as always, of Nonna...
I have been really thinking lately about whether Avery will ever have a sibling. It seems like most of my friends either have baby fever or are pregnant or are trying to get pregnant and I am 'none of the above'. I certainly wouldn't consider trying to have a baby right now, even if I felt I could do so without complications. We need to sell our house and buy a bigger one, before we expand our little family. BUT one day I know I will be ready to have another one and make Avery a big sister. How we'll accomplish that is anyone's guess. Getting pregnant seems almost irresponsible, with the likely possibility that I could lose the baby or bring them into this world much too small. There are certainly things I can do reduce the risk, but it will still be there. Sonograms have never been much fun for me (if you know my history you know why!) and would be pure torture with the 3rd pregnancy. And those 9 months would be filled with many days of worry. I would love to adopt, but I know that is a risky, timely, costly process and Charlie isn't completely on board with that either. So, I guess I'm just really sad about my one (and possible only) baby growing up! I know, whatever the situation, this is something every mother deals with. And we just take one day at a time. And before you know it, your baby is graduating from high school!
Wow, what a depressing post for such a wonderful holiday! Hope you have a Happy 4th filled with BBQ, swimming and fireworks! How blessed we our to live in the most wonderful country in the whole wide world! More pics to come from July 4th 2009...
One year ago today.... she still fit in a Bumbo...
July 4, 2008