Friday, November 18, 2011

Little Italy

While on the bus tour I realized it was lunch time. And we were near Little Italy! Lucky me! I hopped off and found my way down into Little Italy. It’s really small - most of it runs down Murberry Street, lines of the best Italian restaurants in the country. I quickly googled from my phone “best restaurant in little Italy”. A few of the search results sent me to Angelo’s on Murberry. I found it and had a nice little lunch. I noticed in a few of the restaurants I tried they bring bread and olive oil. It was yummy! But when they brought those stuffed mushrooms, I thought I had died and went to heaven. I caught myself closing my eyes to savor it. I’m telling ya - WOW! If you go to NYC, you MUST try Angelo’s. It was the best thing I ate that week, hands down!
The people were so authentically Italian. It was so cool. A man at a restaurant across the street stood in his doorway soliciting the bystanders with, “Free wine...for all of you. Come here, we want to give you a free glass of wine.” Well, the man at Angelo’s wasn’t pleased with that! The weather was beautiful so his door was open and he stood in the doorway, hands on his hips looking like he was about to call his mafia pals to take care of that kid. He hushed pretty quickly after that!





No comments: