Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Daycare - Day 2

Day 2 was just as bad, or worse, than day 1. Charlie drops her off and he called me and told me he hated every second...usually he is pretty good at things like that, but this is even too much for him. I know I am lucky that I don't have to be the one to 'do the deed' but it still feels horrrrible. He said she clutched his shirt so hard and screamed bloody murder. I know that everyone says that she stops crying as soon as he leaves, except the daycare says that she cries off and on all day. And all I can think about is how miserable she must be. It makes it really hard to enjoy any part of my day at work.

Does anyone know a legitimate work from home company that would pay around $10 an hour? I could take a pay cut if we pulled her out of $120/week daycare.

Okay, so that is it - Day 2 and I am ready to quit my job. Maybe I should move to TX w/ you Dewana. Now I can completely understand your decision. I would move to Peru at this point.

Ughhhh.....

9 comments:

Mallory said...

I can't imagine how hard this must be for you three!!! But be strong, she'll get better with time. And if she didn't go to daycare, she'd be even more scared when she starts pre-k in a few years. This early socializing will help her tremendously before that time comes. I'll definitely be praying for ya'll!

Nicki Kennon said...

She will be fine. She just has to adjust. Hang in there. She's just used to being with Mommy and Daddy. I remember trying to figure what we could live without when Cameron started daycare, lol. Like you said it would have never worked. The economy has made dang sure of that. I totally agree about the 50's!!!! Who needs equality! :-)

Denise Darnell Davis said...

I know I should tell you that it will be ok, but I know I'm going to be in the same boat before long with Anna! Oh, and the marrying a doctor thing yesterday cracked me up! You are doing the right thing for Avery, its just going to take her a little while, the social interaction with other children before school age will do her wonders!!

DC said...

Come on to Texas sweetie! Charlie will be able to get a job here with Blake & we can all live happily ever after with our babies :)

Beth E. said...

I know it's hard...but I promise she will be okay! It will get better. Be strong...you can do it! :o)

I'm praying for you...

Calley said...

man- I am so sorry. I would be having such a hard time just like you. I am praying for God to bring peace to everyone.:>)

M J said...

Texas is good! ;) I've been trying to find a legit work-at-home job too, but I can't seem to.

Cristi said...

ugh, tears. Love yall Nonna

Anonymous said...

It will get better, when Laura was 4 and starting preschool she was just like Avery. They would pull her out of the car kicking and screaming. When I left I would call to check on her and she would be fine. So just give her some time to adjust.. I do know how Charlie feels.
Bonnie