Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's March of Dimes time!



I just wanted to post a quick blog about the March of Dimes. As I'm sure you know, this organization is near and dear to my heart. When Avery was born weighing 2 lbs, 2 oz, it changed our lives. It was the scariest thing I've ever dealt with. The doctors had little answers about why she was born so small and how we can prevent this in the future. There are situations far worse than ours and research is vital to preventing prematurity and even death for these tiny miracles, born every day. 

Without people like you, the March of Dimes wouldn't exist and babies like Avery would probably not survive without the research they do and pass on to doctors to help these tiny babies thrive and grow.  I am asking that you donate as much as you can to this worthy cause. I know that sometimes it seems like every month someone wants your hard earned money for another cause. And I know that times are hard for many of us right now, but it is now more than ever that these organizations must have your support! 

If you would like to donate, I am a team captain this year and would love to have your support. Please leave a comment and I will get in touch with you so that you can mail your check, payable to March of Dimes. We can accept post dated checks up to May 1st, but the money is due by April 30th. If you are in my area the walk will take place on May 2nd, please join us! Avery will be proudly wearing her "2008 NICU Graduate" t-shirt and I'm sure it will be a fun time for a good cause! Thank you for your support, babies like Avery appreciate all you do! :o)  

HELP PREVENT PREMATURITY TODAY! 


2 comments:

Penny said...

I just realized I've never seen ANY of Avery's birth pictures! That's the first one! Of course, I have those from that first night- still can't believe they let Shelbi and me back there! It's SO awesome to see her now and compare her size. Still amazing! March of Dimes is one of my top charities, along with St. Jude (SO thankful I never needed them), and Compassion!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful picturers. I love your blog...I am a new blogger and trying to find my way around. Would love for you to stop by and visit me.