Friday, April 3, 2009

So encouraged!

Charlie, Avery & I stopped by the daycare today. I wanted to drop off her things, the first weeks tuition and see how she acted with the other kids. I expected her to be very shy, and to cry when I sat her down. Umm...not even close! I sat her down and she squealed in delight at the other kiddos. She will be in a room with Mrs. Debbie until 3 and Mrs. Katie from 3-3:30 (when I pick her up). There will be 4 other children her age in the room with her. She loved looking at the other kids and immediately grabbed a toy and joined the fun. She smiled at the teachers and talked and walked around. It was better than I could've ever imagined it being. I even walked away from her for a few minutes and it didn't phase her. The building is very secure, we have to have a code to get in and the daycare comes highly recommended. It is at a church and it was one of our top 2 choices. It's about 5 minutes from work...absolutely perfect! Also, I thought Charlie would have to work 8-5 during training for up to 6 weeks, but his boss decided since he is a sup he will do on the job traning and come in at 11...I get off at 3:30...so she will basically go there, eat lunch, have a nap and afternoon snack and I'll be there to pick her up. I am so totally encouraged by the experience we had today and Charlie was impressed with the daycare as well. Please pray that when he drops her off Monday she will tolerate it well. Have a great weekend everyone, we'll be off to the Catfish Festival and I will take plenty of pics! :)

4 comments:

Cristi said...

Thats great! I am so glad about the change of Charlies hours! GOD IS GOOD! Love yall and cant wait to see you tomorrow!

Denise Darnell Davis said...

Which daycare is she going to? We are still on the waiting list at Claiborne...and still haven't found anyone who works at home...I don't need someone all the time just sometimes during the week for a few hours a day or possibly a day during the week for now, and then some weeks not at all...and no one wants to do that...I know what you were going through when Avery was little now!!

Beth E. said...

I'm so glad everything went well. I have found...in my experience with my boys over the years...that children adapt to new situations much easier than Mommy and Daddy! :o)

Praying things will go well for Avery. Sounds like she'll have a blast!

Kasey Campbell said...

THATS GREAT! IM SO GLAD THAT EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT FOR YALL!